Friday, March 30, 2012

A brief school update before Extravelganza!

Well I know those of you that are keeping up with this are thinking, "Does that girl even go to classes??" While I am doing a lot of traveling here, I have been given that opportunity because of school. And let me just say, it's kicking my  butt. We have only been in class for four weeks, but it has been really demanding. I also have a 7 page paper due in the middle of Easter break and another shorter one due the first day back, which is a downer. (I need to make sure I do those before I head out tomorrow.) I am taking what equals out to be around 20 hours of school work in the US, even though I won't receive that much credit it for it when I return, it is just an unfortunate way that credit transfer works between the European Union's "ECTS' credit system and the "hours" system in the states. I am enrolled in: German as a foreign language, industrial psychology, current issues in international management, international business, international market entry, management of international market entry strategy, and cross cultural management. Lots of papers, lots of group work.It is all worth it just to be here though.
One of my professors is from Istanbul, Turkey. She actually said she would love to have myself and some other classmates come visit her in Istanbul sometime. While I'm not sure if it will actually ever happen or not it is cool that professors just talk like that here. I have the benefit of having really gracious professors with UHON back home, but I don't know of many professors that would send an open invitation for something like that. Also, a good number of people here seem to think my name is Charlotte because my last name is listed with my first name on all official school papers. I understand that that doesn't relate to anything at all important, It is just a small note about happenings in class.
Tomorrow morning I leave for what I am calling my Extravelganza. 14 Days, 5 countries, and 7 cities. You probably won't see too many posts in here in the next two weeks since I will not be bringing a computer with me. If I happen to stop by somewhere with a computer perhaps I can give you all a quick update about my journey. Until then, happy living, and enjoy the pictures of some of my adventures from around Linz!

Emilia, Jean, Me, Ari, Giame, a random guy, and Johnny (in the Skirt) celebrating Carneval, AKA Fat Tuesday

This is how Erasmus works, you go to take a picture of about 5 people, everyone in a 10 foot radius jumps in the picture.
This is another picture from our Carneval party.

In Hauptplatz, our main city square.
Tori (Alaska/Colorado), Me, and Michael (Canada)

A  nice view of Linz

Of View of the side of Linz that I live on from right by the Danube. The odd building on the left is the Ars Electronica Museum, it is really cool. Some friends and I visited it a few weeks ago.

(LtoR) Michael, Tara, Tori, Miro, Nina, Zac, Jovan, Nick, Evelyn, Patty, Vito, Veronika, LP, Darcy, Elizabeth, and Marc.
We all took advantage of half off outdoor ice skating our second week here, so much fun!
Countries represented: Canada, United States, South Africa, Slovakia, Mexico, France, Australia, and Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment