Saturday, June 2, 2012

Life is Wonderful

So I realize I still haven't posted about my day trip to Salzburg, but that will have to wait. I wanted to take a second just to look at how wonderful life is, and say thanks to everyone that has been a part of it (especially the friends I have made.)

One of our friends Katarina (the girl I went to Copenhagen with) only has two weeks left here in Linz; I believe she will be the first member of our friend group to leave. Two or three evenings ago Vito sent out a message to about 15 people, asking if he thought it would be a good idea to surprise her and take her out to dinner to show her how much we will miss her and have appreciated her cordiality. We all thought it was a wonderful idea and jumped on board immediately. The plan was to meet in the lobby of our dorm, and then sneak up to her room and surprise her. Little did we know that the surprise was on us. When we went to her room, we found that she was actually in the kitchen with a fully cooked dinner for all of us.

It was without a doubt one of the best evenings that I have had here in Linz simply because we all just got together, laughed, and enjoyed delicious food. It sounds cheesy, but it was a really lovely evening. Between the delicious chicken, potato and salad entrée, nutella crepes for desert, and unplanned fireworks over Pöstlingberg, the evening just can't be beat. I have been overwhelmed with kind and genuine people during my brief stay here in Austria, and I will miss everyone so much. Home is always home, and nothing will be able to fill that spot in my life like Tennessee will. That being said, Austria and all of my friends on exchange here have absolutely stolen a piece of my heart.



 I only have 4 weeks left in Austria, then 2 weeks of travel. It is hard to think that I have such a small amount of time left here. As time continues to progress I keep thinking one thing, It's not goodbye... it's see you later. The closer I get to going home, the more convinced I am that I will come back one day. I have made some of the best memories here, and honestly some of the best friends. I have become so close with some people in such a short time and it is painfully surprising. It already hurts to think about leaving friends here, but I know that I will keep in touch with the people that count. That is how things work.
I am so grateful for all of the wonderful times that I have had here, and for all of the memories we are sure to make in the coming 4 weeks. Words cannot express how blessed I am to have this experience. Well maybe there are words, but I can't find them right now.  So instead of trying, I will just say thank you to everyone who has played a part in this study abroad. You  mean more than you may realize.

Life is wonderful. Y'all are wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Truer words can't be spoken. Glad that you have had this experience and hope for many more!!!

    ReplyDelete